INSTRUCTIONS FOR EXPENSE CLAIMS
It is the Retired Public Employees Association of California policy to reimburse eligible members for reasonable expenses incurred in the conduct of the Associationʼs business. By submitting this claim you are certifying that the information contained on this form is a true statement of travel or other expenses incurred by you in the conduct of the Associationʼs business and that no expenses herein were received or paid from any other source.
(1) Reason for Expenses: Explain reason for incurring the expense. i.e., Attend chapter meeting, committee meeting or to claim reimbursement for membership recruitment by a chapter.
(a) Enter the location the expense took place.
(b) Enter the reason the expense took place.
(a) Public Carrier — such as air fare, train fare, etc. (supported by receipts).
(b) Miles — show actual number of miles driven by private car.
(c) Amount — will be calculated automatically (IRS Maximum) x Miles traveled .
(d) Shuttle, Taxi and Other,e.g ., parking and tolls.
(3) Lodging: $120 per night plus tax (maximum) or as required with prior approval. (Invoice for lodging must be attached
(a) Type — Enter amoutns for meal(s) being claimed.
Maximum amounts that can be claimed.
Breakfast .............. $12.00
Lunch ................... $15.00
Dinner .................. $25.00
(b) Amount — will be calculated automatically
(5) Incidentals: Maximum $10.00 per day. Receipts required for all meals and incidentals if meals and incidentals together exceed $52.00 in a day.
(6) Code: Account to be charged. If not known, leave blank.
(7) Total for the day - will be calcualted automatically.
NOTE: MEMBERS/ATTENDEES OF GENERAL ASSEMBLY MUST USE A DIFFERENT
CLAIM FORM WHICH WILL BE PROVIDED BY HEADQUARTERS.
ALL EXPENSE CLAIMS MUST BE SIGNED BY PERSON CLAIMING EXPENSES