(Volunteers for Public Service)
In counting volunteer hours, include any of the following:
- Meals on Wheels or other Nutrition Programs
- Care Car or other transportation services for neighbors, family, friends, voters
- Hospital, blood bank, nursing home, child care volunteer
- Visiting or caring for ill or handicapped in your home or away, errands, telephone calls, shopping, yard work, mail, etc.
- Library assistance, Volunteer tutoring at the library, school, or assistance in the Classroom
- Teaching English, as a second language, to children and adults who are non-English speaking.
- Assistance with IRS, SNAP, Utility Discount on the basis of income or medical exemption forms
- Interaction and assistance with youth activities including, but not limited to, after school programs, girls and boys clubs, YMCA, YWCA, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts museum volunteer
- Community Service organizations such as: Rotary, Elks, Lions Clubs, community theater, fairs, community activities such as street fairs, county fairs, political campaigns
- Religious activities: Choir, Sunday school teaching, Church nursery oversight, Vestry, Helping Hands, preparing and serving food, music, Church Commissions, distribution of literature, and helping in service
- Charity work or assistance programs for the Homeless, Battered Women, Abused Children, Court Appointed Special Advocates Program (CASA)
- Helping with food distribution, bazaars, craft fairs
- Helping with grandchildren and other family members who need assistance while a parent is employed
indicates required field